Precautions And Problem Handling Process Of UV Spectrophotometer
Precautions and problem handling process of UV spectrophotometer:
1. Take out the desiccant in the sample chamber before starting up, and it is forbidden to open the sample chamber cover during the self-test of the instrument.
2. The solution in the cuvette should be 2/3 to 4/5 of the height of the cuvette, and it should not be overfilled to prevent the liquid from overflowing and corroding the instrument. The cuvette should be kept clean during the measurement, and the liquid droplets on the cell wall should be wiped dry with lens cleaning paper, and do not pinch the light-transmitting surface by hand. When measuring ultraviolet wavelengths, quartz cuvettes are required.
3. During the measurement, it is forbidden to put reagents or liquid substances on the surface of the instrument. If the UV-Vis spectrophotometer overflows the solution or soils the sample tank for other reasons, it should be cleaned up as soon as possible.
4. After the experiment, pour out the solution in the cuvette, then rinse the cuvette with distilled water or organic solvent until it is clean, and hang it upside down to dry. Turn off the power, put the desiccant into the sample room, cover the dust cover, make a registration for use, and leave with the approval of the management teacher.
Problem handling of UV spectrophotometer:
1. If the instrument cannot be initialized, shut down and restart.
2. If the absorption value of the UV spectrophotometer is abnormal, check in turn: whether the wavelength setting is correct (readjust the wavelength and re-zero), whether it is zero-adjusted during measurement (if it is misoperated, re-zero), whether the cuvette is used Wrong (quartz cuvette should be used when measuring the ultraviolet band), whether the sample preparation is wrong (if wrong, prepare the sample again).